You must login using your WOCN membership credentials.
For help, contact WOCN at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE APPLICATION CYCLE IS NOW OPEN
The WOCN® Society established a WOCN Fellow Program to recognize excellence of nurses who have made outstanding contributions within the WOCN Society and/or WOC nursing profession, reflective of education, research, public policy and advocacy, membership engagement, and quality improvement. This honorable designation is based upon clinical expertise, leadership, scholarly experience, and contributions to the profession and healthcare systems. WOCN Fellows contribute knowledge and expertise to shape the WOC nursing practice.
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements at the time of application:
- Minimum of 5 years of WOCN Society membership at the time of application (not including years as a student member).
- Minimum of 5 years of continuous certification in good standing at the time of application in one or more of the WOC nursing specialties. Applicants with CFN or WTA-C credential are ineligible unless they also hold another WOCNCB certification.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience acquired as a practitioner in WOC nursing specialty.
The following section is designed to help aspiring applicants assess their qualifications and readiness to be considered for WOCN Fellow recognition. During the application process, applicants will be required to provide written responses to the following areas of inquiry:
- Demonstrate and provide examples of expertise and impact within WOC nursing education, research, evidence-based practice projects, public policy and advocacy, quality improvement, and membership engagement.
- Provide examples of conducting evidence-based and/or data-driven projects to improve and impact patient care, safety, health outcomes, health system processes or education processes.
- Demonstrate evidence of going beyond the “ordinary” WOC nurse role and making a significant impact to advance the WOC nurse role.
- Demonstrate evidence of dissemination of knowledge that demonstrates the value and impact of the WOC nurse role and related activities.
- The entire application process is conducted via an online portal. Applicants are required to provide the following:
- Contact information.
- CV (template will be provided).
- Essay demonstrating outstanding achievement in WOC nursing specialty and leadership that commands respect and recognition from other leaders in the profession. Essay questions are provided in the Applicant Self-Assessment section.
- Two (2) letters of reference that support the work that the applicant submitted for the fellowship consideration.
- Current members of the WOCN Board of Directors are not eligible to apply for the Fellow Program and may not serve on any selection committee.
- Application fee: $275.00 (non-refundable)
- Once inducted, annual Fellow’s dues are $350.00 plus the cost of annual WOCN membership (Society membership is required).
IMPORTANT DATES AND TIMELINES
- Application deadline is midnight on March 4, 2024.
- Incomplete/late applications will not be considered.
- Candidates will be selected and notified by the first week of April 2024.
- WOCN Fellows will be inducted at a special recognition event at WOCNext 2024 (attendance is required; event date, time, location and other details will be announced later).
RESPONSIBILITIES OF WOCN FELLOW
- Applicants must attend (in-person) the induction ceremony that will be held during WOCNext 2024. There will be a fee associated with the induction ceremony (event fee will be announced later).
- Continue to further the mission, vision, and values of the WOCN Society.
- Mentor novice and other nurses/clinicians to successfully contribute to the growth of the WOC nursing specialty.
- The inductee is responsible for nominating at least one (1) deserving and qualifying individual each year.